What are Cookies?
Cookies are short text files created by a web server and stored in your browser. When you return to the same website later, the browser sends the stored cookie back and the server retrieves all informations that were previously stored for you. Cookies are used by the vast majority of websites.
- First party cookies – their validity is limited to the domain of the website you are viewing. These cookies are considered more secure.
- Third party cookies – they are placed using a script from another domain. Users can thus be tracked across domains. They are often used to evaluate the effectiveness of advertising channels.
- Session cookies – they are automatically deleted after closing the browser
- Persistent cookies – they remain preserved after closing the browser, they are deleted after some period of time. (This depends on the settings of your browser and cookies settings). You can also remove them manually.
- Essential – essential cookies help make the website usable by enabling basic functions such as page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, the website cannot function properly.
- Preferential – preferential cookies allow the site to remember information that modifies how the site behaves or looks. E.g. your login, the contents of the basket, the country from which you are visiting the site.
- Statistical – statistical cookies help the site operator to understand how site visitors use the site, so that it can optimize the site and offer them a better experience. E.g. Google Analytics, SmartLook, etc.
- Marketing – marketing cookies are used to monitor the movement of visitors across the websites in order to show them such advertising that is relevant and useful for a given person. All data is collected and used anonymously and cannot be linked to a specific person. For example, Facebook Pixel, Google Ads, Sklik, etc.
What Cookies do we use and why?
We use the following cookies on our website:
- Google Analytics – the service is used to generate non-anonymous statistics about the use of the website. The data processor obtained from cookies is the company Google LLC.
We never place sensitive or personal data in cookies. We can place a user ID in cookies, but this does not allow third parties to identify a specific person.
How to manage cookies
- Deleting – You can delete saved cookies in your browser if necessary. This option is usually located in the „History“ of visited pages.
- Blocking – browsers allow you to block the storage of cookies. In this case, the functionality of the site will be limited. For information on how to set your browser to store cookies, please visit your browser provider’s website.